Choosing The Right Doors: Aluminium Vs. Composite Doors
So you have made the big break and decided to get brand new doors for your home, or an upgrade. Congratulations! When it comes to selecting the right door for your home, the choices can be overwhelming. Among the many different options that are available, aluminium and composite doors stand out from the crowd as extremely popular choices. Each material has its own set of advantages feature points to consider. In this blog post, we’ll explore the key differences between aluminium and composite doors to help you make the decision that can shape how your home exterior will look and feel compared to other properties on the neighbourhood.
Aluminium doors and composite doors each have their own unique features that make them highly popular choices for homeowners.
Why Aluminium Doors?
- Aluminium doors are known for their exceptional durability. Whether it is for domestic or commercial space their rugged design makes them almost weatherproof. They are resistant to corrosion and fading.
- The inherent strength of aluminium provides that extra level of enhanced security, offering a robust barrier against potential intruders.
- Aluminium doors are virtually maintenance-free. As the material goes through several phases of coating, they do not require repainting or touching up and any cleaning is usually done with mild soap and water as this is sufficient enough to keep them looking like new.
- This reduces the annual upkeep that is required to keep them operating in optimal conditions.
Sleek & Modern Design
- Aluminium doors are praised for their sleek and contemporary appearance. The material allows for slim, sometimes ultra-slim profiles, enabling the creation of minimalist and aesthetically pleasing designs that can complement any minimal and modern look.
- As aluminium is lightweight and can be re-shaped without damaging the metal bonds, this type of door can come in a variety of shapes, angles and sizes. It is a perfect material to work with during any architectural design.
Why Composite Doors?
Insulation & Energy Efficiency
- Composite doors are composed of multiple materials all tightly packed together. This includes a combination of uPVC, wood, various building fibres, insulating foam, and glass reinforced plastic (GRP). This construction provides excellent insulation, making composite doors highly energy-efficient.
- Not only do these doors help lower energy costs but they can also mitigate
- Composite doors mimic the natural look of wood, providing a warm and inviting appearance without the downsides of traditional wooden doors, such as susceptibility to warping or rotting.
- A wide range of colors and finishes is available, allowing homeowners to choose a door that complements the style of their home.
- Composite doors often come equipped with advanced locking systems, providing enhanced security for your home. Multipoint locking systems and solid cores make them a robust choice against potential break-ins.
Both aluminium and composite doors offer unique advantages, and the choice ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences. If you prioritize a modern and low-maintenance option with some of the best durability on the market, an aluminium door might be the ideal choice to invest in for your property. On the other hand, if you desire a door that combines the aesthetics of wood with advanced security features and excellent insulation, a composite door may be the perfect fit.
Before making a decision, consider factors such as climate, budget, and the overall style of your home. Whichever route you go down there is one company who can help you with requirements, installation and aftercare. At JLR Building Maintenance Ltd. our specialist team of fitters have installed hundreds of aluminium and composite doors in domestic and commercial environments and we can assist you in getting new or upgraded aluminium or composite doors in place starting with a free no obligation quote. From the design and planning, through to the construction, testing, finishing touches and aftercare we treat your project with the upmost attention to detail. Get in touch today or give us a call on 0800 0387 115 to make your dream doors a reality.